Saturday, August 1, 2015

Frites Corner

A trip to Auroville is one of the most peaceful, relaxing vacations to have. It has suddenly become one of my most favourite places. To avoid the tourist rush, we reached here quite early in the day, and after a soul searching experience, as we were starving, we kept an eye out for a place to placate our stomachs. It was a touching experience in Auroville, and since my fellow travellers and I actually associate our mood a lot with the meals (Punjabi’s.. I tell you..!) there was a lot of pressure on our next one.
Not so impressed by the Zomato profile, but on recommendation of a friend, we stopped here for breakfast. I was impressed by this small cafe for no particular reason. An open spaced cafe with a tree in the centre keeping the place cool, and an open kitchen. Order yourself some food at the counter and chit chat with friends while waiting in utter peace.
The beverages we ordered, both Mango shake and cold coffee reminded me of home. Mango shake in particular was very thick and flavourful. Yummy! Even though cold coffee is one of the easier things to pull off, I have special respect for a good coffee for breakfast.
As for the food, I became an instant fan of the bread. It was a multigrain bread, baked in-house and absolutely luscious. This made everything else taste great. We ordered both veg and chicken sandwiches, both of which were supremely delicious. Not just the bread, even the marinated chicken and cheesy veggies that it held up for us were singular. Other must try things are the crepes. Both sweet and savoury crepes are delectable and worth giving a shot. There are good  vegetarian and non vegetarians options, both of them being comparable and quite good.
Pastas were very average. But, I love eggs for breakfast and both cheese and vegetable omelettes were a perfect addition to the plate. 
The menu of Frites Corner changes everyday. It is run by a couple of people and is a very peaceful place to spend some quality time. There is absolutely nothing better than a quiet cafe with good food. As I mentioned, I became an instant fan of the ambiance. As for food, I would go so far to say that if someday I want to open a cafe, this is the kind of food I would like to serve. Simple yet Elegant.!
I take there are a lot of awesome places to try near Auroville, but I would highly recommend a breakfast at Frites Corner. Do try the sandwiches..!!
My rating 4.!

Click to add a blog post for Frites Corner on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment