Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bouchon (Bombay Duck)

Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad

Visit Count-2

My first Bombay Duck experience was horrible. We went around 11 am for lunch, and couldn't get much to eat. Half of the items weren't available because they were breakfast items and others weren't available because they were lunch items. Frustrated and hungry, I swore not go here again.

However, I stumbled upon Bombay Duck once again and this time too for breakfast with my girlfriends. I liked the quiet and cool ambiance with soft music in the background. The open kitchen gives a nice touch to the restaurant. Since my visit was on a weekday, we were the only ones there.
Parisian Scrambled Eggs

With minimum expectations we ordered some breakfast items and I was glad that Bouchon faired well. The service was prompt, the food smelled appetizing and tasted amazing. The food was served in cute duck shaped plates.

We started with Parisian Scrambled Eggs which blew my mind away. These were perfectly creamy scrambled eggs placed between a freshly baked croissant. I would highly recommend this because it felt like a complete breakfast in itself. One other recommended dish here would be vanilla pancakes. These were one of the most fluffy and perfect pancakes I have had. Very few people in Hyderabad get it this close to perfection. Served with maple syrup and whipped cream, these pancakes are definitely a great way to start the day.

We also tried hummus with Pita bread and Falafel, which were a lot in quantity, but very tasteful. Among the drinks, we had hot cappuccino and cold coffee which were very average. 

I wish to explore more options here. But, I can recommend a good fulfilling breakfast here. It is slightly high in value for money, but the two dishes are worth going there for at least once.

My rating : 3.5/5


Click to add a blog post for Bouchon (Bombay Duck) on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment